BNY Mellon has announced a new outbound trading offering for buy-side institutions worldwide, including asset managers and asset owners.
© BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon Capital Markets’ offering is powered by xBK, the buy-side trading arm that averages more than $1 trillion in volume annually for the firm’s investment management. This comprehensive, global, multi-asset trading service offers clients significant opportunities for operational and strategic efficiencies, savings and expansion.
The export trade proposal can help the customers
– Reduce the cost of data, trading infrastructure, analytics and reporting and all related functions supporting trade execution,
– efficient expansion into new asset classes and geographies by leveraging economies of scale,
– achieving improvements in commercial results through automation, innovation and systematic workflow,
– Access BNY Mellon’s portfolio of services for front, middle and back office functions and
– Redirecting investments to core competencies and alpha-generating activities.
Adam Voss, CEO of BNY Mellon Markets & Execution Services, said: “We are committed to supporting the buy side as it positions itself for long-term growth and competitiveness. By leveraging the full scale of BNY Mellon’s business, combined with our trading expertise, we are uniquely positioned to offer our clients around the world a high-quality offshore trading proposition.”
Backed by significant investments in technology, data science and quantitative modeling, the company plans to offer external clients a range of services including:
– Coverage of all major asset classes with the possibility of trading on most global markets,
– Significant expertise in maintaining complex workflows across over 150 investment products across equity, fixed income and global asset allocation strategies
– Data science skills that leverage quantitative insights to fine-tune execution strategies, reduce transaction costs, and execute trades within a risk-controlled framework.
Dragan Skoko, Head of Outsourced Trading & xBK, BNY Mellon, said: “The asset management industry is at a critical inflection point as it continues to struggle with fee pressures, higher operating costs, increased trading complexity and tightened regulatory requirements. Previously As we have expanded access to our deep implementation expertise and invested heavily in building a state-of-the-art technology platform, we are ready to support our customers where they need to reduce costs, enter new markets faster or expand their range of investment products’. (kb)